It’s important to check in with your goals from time to time and evaluate where you are; and get to work on them - if there are goals you haven’t accomplished yet. Being clear on where you are vs. where you want to be in specific areas of your life – whether it’s your...
It’s easy to get bogged down by the thought of meetings on meetings on meeting as a new BA.
Perhaps it’s because you think that’s what everyone expects you to do.
Meetings are an important part of your requirements elicitation and validation process, but they should be well thought out and planned in advance.
✅ Creating an agenda before and
✅ Circulating the meeting minutes after is always best practice.
However not all situations will always call for a meeting.
If in doubt, do a quick check and run your topic of discussion through a what I call a “meeting go-no-go radar” by asking yourself these 3 questions –
1. What do I hope to get out of this meeting?
2. Do I have a high-level understanding of the subject?
3. Can I come up with a list of questions to ask or action items to move this conversation forward?
If you can’t clearly answer these 3 questions, then it means you still have some groundwork to do.
Perhaps an email to gather some additional information and ideas on your next steps might be all you need at that point.
As always, cheers to your BA Career Success!
P.S… Whenever you’re ready… If you’d like to launch out to start your DREAM business analysis career or consultancy, so that you can accelerate your income and make a massive impact in your world through your work on projects, here are 3 ways I can support you:
1. Check out my YouTube Channel for free BA Career Transition resources and tips to get you started.
2. Start Your DREAM BA Career In The Fastest Way Possible, With On-going On-The-Job Support. Join my amazing community of incredible Business Analysis Professionals through my Confidently Hired Business Analyst Membership Club and I’ll teach you how to build and master your BA skill set, leverage your existing skills, challenge yourself, get out of your own way and command your dream income of $100K and above as a seasoned BA. Join my exclusive community of A-players who think differently, challenge the status quo and achieve the ‘impossible’ in their careers and in their lives – on a regular basis.
The CHBA membership club requires no long term commitment, you can cancel anytime, just give us 30-days notice. **Limited spots available**.
3. Be A World Class BA Coach Or Consultant. Get my coaching and support in an intimate setting, if you’re a highly ambitious seasoned business analyst and you want to create an additional income of up to $3,000-$10,000+ each month as a BA coach or consultant, while still in your day job. You’ll learn everything you need to create amazing clients who love to pay you for your expertise and we’ll create your highly profitable coaching business.
Just use this link to apply, tell me a little bit about your BA experience and what you’ll like us to create in your business, and we’ll dive in to all the details, if your application is successful.
A lot of times we aspire to big dreams or ambitions in life and we make solemn vows to ourselves to accomplish them no matter what!. Then life happens, we either get distracted or smacked in the face by difficult situations which leaves us second guessing ourselves....